At Purbeck Marine we carry out a huge variation of repairs on most engines, boats, gearboxes and boat equipment.
We have years of experience working with commercial, military and pleasure craft in ages from new to old and even vintage boats. Over the years we have developed specialist skills in fault finding, mechanical improvements and repairing/refurbishing both new and old equipment.
We look for the most cost-effective and efficient ways to carry out repairs whether it be fit new to cut down on labour costs and future failures or to repair if parts are obsolete or easily fixed.
We do our best to attend breakdowns as soon as possible even if it means contacting other customers to request moving their routine maintenance back by a day or two so that we can keep boats in a working state so they can be used on precious sunny days.
Types of repairs
- Replacement of failed parts.
- Full engine overhauls.
- Injector and injection pump servicing/overhauls.
- Fuel system repairs, unblocking and filter changes.
- Seawater pump overhauls and impeller changing.
- Propeller removal, repairs, refurbishing and replacing.
- Sterndrive repairs.
- Sterngear repairs and servicing including sternglands, shafts, couplings and anti-vibration devices.
- Cylinder head overhauls.
- Hose replacement.
- Alternator and starter motor repairs.
- Replacement of engines including supply.
- Fuel tank cleaning repairs and installation.
- Diesel heater repairs and installation.
- Skin fitting and seacock repairs, replacement and installation.
- Engine removal, clean and respray.
- Turbocharger replacement and repairs.
- Anode replacement and installation.
- Hydraulic mechanical and cable steering system installation, servicing and repair.
- Oil analysis and reports.
- Anchor windlass and bow thruster repairs, servicing, overhaul, replacement and installation.
- Toilet system and domestic water system installation, servicing and repairs.
- Battery and battery system test, repair and installation.